New faculty and industry mentoring program connects the STEM professionals of today with the aspiring STEM professionals of tomorrow.
We are excited to announce our latest initiative to help cultivate top STEM and STEM education talent in North Carolina: the Goodnight Fellows Program.
This pilot faculty and industry mentoring program pairs current sophomore and junior Goodnight Scholars with local faculty, researchers, and professionals representing numerous STEM disciplines in the Triangle. From learning about the expectations of working at major companies such as Pfizer and Lockheed Martin to being exposed to cutting edge research happening at NC State and Duke University, Goodnight Fellows will provide Goodnight Scholars with the guidance, wisdom, and support necessary to steer their professional development in a positive direction. Twenty Goodnight Scholars were selected to participate from a competitive application pool, with the hopes of opening the program up to more Goodnight Scholars in future years.
For the complete list of 2016-2017 Goodnight Fellows and their mentee matches, please see the list below. If you are an industry professional or university faculty member who would like to learn more about being a Goodnight Fellow, please email email@example.com.
2016-2016 Goodnight Fellows
- Dr. Obinna Abide, MD of Duke Health and Duke University (Tin Phan ’19)
- Mrs. Chelsea Boudreau of Pfizer (Catrina Rateb ’18 & Tanner Rosenborough ’19)
- Mr. Jimmy Brown of Triangle Engineering Solutions (Julia Treis ’18)
- Dr. Gary Burelson of Burelson Research Technologies, Inc. (Kevin Hernandez ’19)
- Dr. Jonathan Fogle of NC State’s College of Veterinary Medicine (Hannah Smith ’19)
- Dr. Tim Fornes of Lord Corporation (Kraig Turner ’18)
- Dr. Liara Gonzalez of NC State’s College of Veterinary Medicine (Anna Smith ’18)
- Mr. Budd Hipp of HIPP Engineering & Consulting, Inc. (Madison Baldwin ’18 & Chris Turnmire ’19)
- Mrs. Natalie Jones of Teleflex Medical (Tyler Eller ’19)
- Dr. Jenny Keith, DPT of Carolina Physical Therapy (Hannah Walser ’18)
- Dr. Kristen Kruszewski of the University of North Carolina (Lane Willis ’18)
- Dr. Lisa Lowe, PhD of Lockheed Martin (Laura Goodman ’18)
- Mrs. Lisa Marshall of NC State’s Nuclear Engineering department (Ben Laramee ’19)
- Dr. Veena Misra of NC State’s Electrical and Computeer Engineering department (Meredith Bain ’19)
- Dr. Jim Palombaro, MD of Wake Emergency Physicians (Atif Mahmood ’19)
- Dr. Beth Schulz-Butulis, DO of Midtown Dermatology (Kendall Rease ’18)
- Mrs. Ashley Seekins, MPAS, PA-C of Wake Emergency Physicians (Hannah Hunt ’19)
- Dr. Richard Spontak of NC State’s Chemical Engineering department (Kaleb Morrow ’18)
- Dr. Pruthesh Vargantwar of Eastman Chemical Company (Kaleb Morrow ’18)